Alternator move 2

After finding that the new alternator didn’t line up I shimmed the bracket out with 3 washers (trial, error and a straight edge) and got the pulleys to align. Finding somewhere to mount the adjuster bar was another problem. I looked at the redundant PAS pump bracket, intending to clean it up to sell on…

Headlights, indicators, sidelights

Wanting to get the wiring complete on the off-side front I decided to tackle the headlights and fit the marker lights that I’d bought ages ago. I ordered two headlamp bowls from Paddocks as I could see these were rusted, and two three-way connectors from an eBay trader specialising in scooter parts. I removed the…

Electrical improvements – power Part Two

Continued from part one Improving the starter / solenoid wiring As mentioned before, the terminal on the starter was loose, rusty and caked in mud. As well as cleaning up I decided to move as much as I could to the relatively sumptuous surroundings of the seat-box, with the battery. Reminder of how it was:…

Electrics, dash, and plan of action

Last weekend the weather was fantastic, mild and dry but due to family commitments and catching up on a very busy but profitless week of work, at the most there would only be half a Sunday afternoon allotted to the Land Rover. Sunday afternoon came around and I thought I’d have enough time to quickly…

Won’t start!

Well, after standing for many weeks I was able to sit the battery in the tray, there is now plenty of room! I need to get a longer cable that goes from the positive battery terminal to the starter so that the battery can be positioned more neatly. The insulation on the existing cable is…