Bulkhead top, windscreen contd…

The heatwave continues and I managed to get in a few hours of Saturday. A busy week ahead, with rehearsals and two gigs at the end means that there’ll be no more progress for maybe ten days so progress so far…. Two coats of Red Oxide were applied to the upper bulkhead using a brush.…

Exhaust, windscreen, bonnet, fresh air vents

A rare weekend without a gig so I spent the whole of Saturday, from morning til dusk – gardening. The good news is that I’m now up-to-date with the hedges etc and apart from some normal chores and an hour’s work, Sunday afternoon could be spent in the drive. The outside toilet has been home…

Mudshield, nearside

This is a somewhat measly post, added only for completeness. I have two gigs this weekend and a family day out in between so there’ll be no progress on Dilly until next week. The Sunday gig is a dep with another band, playing bass, so tomorrow night after work I shall re-acquaint myself with the…

Mudshields, footwells, inner wings

On cleaning up the inner wings I noticed that on the driver’s side, where it bolts to the mudshield, the aluminium had corroded well beyond the size of any penny washer. So I cut out a couple of shapes and pop-riveted them in place: Another rub down and a coat of etch primer. Also, after…

Upper dash pt 4 (fitted)

The last of September’s weekends has been glorious, perfect weather for tinkering. Friday¬†evening – remove windscreen wiper mechanism I had been trying to paint around the windscreen wiper gear, but in the end decided it would be silly not to remove it. I wasn’t happy with the partial paint coverage and secondly it seemed daft…

Painting the bulkhead behind the dash

Just a very short midweek bonus post to keep continuity and completeness with pictures, and to take a break from work which is driving me nuts this week for some reason… Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, to catch the last of the light I left off work at 5pm sharp (then started again at 8pm after…