Heater Complete!

The parcel from France arrived today containing the rubber adaptor to fix between the 3″ blower intake and the approx 5″ air intake grille on the front wing. As rain is forecast this evening I used my lunch break to finish this job. The adaptor is US made and branded ‘Flexseal’, this company has a…

Heater blower

Although the actual blower was working I wanted to remove it to clean off any rust from the case and to inspect the bulkhead area behind it (see previous).  As expected, the thin ‘snail’ case is extremely rusty. The resistor had become unwound although still working. I measured the resistance of this as 1.5Ω if anyone…

Heater radiator refurbishment and repair

The radiator had obviously developed a leak for the previous owner and it had been bypassed in typical Heath Robinson fashion. On removing the assembly from the vehicle I found that the bulkhead area behind it and the box itself looked to be in a poor state although it wasn’t quite as bad as the pictures…

Kenlowe Fan Wiring

More wiring oddities… Not much happening this week due to work pressures and music projects going on. The weather hasn’t been great following a mini heatwave although I’ve had the odd hour here and there after tea, painting / rubbing down the lower dash. I’m not at all happy with the finish on this but…

Lower Dash Part 3

A weekend of excuses… Again, a frustrating lack of progress. Most of the weekend was lost to rehearsing for a stand-in gig on Saturday, this time playing lead guitar for Kenny and The Motives. I wasn’t very pleased with my performance to say the least, a touch of nerves made me feel as though I…

Lower Dash Part 2

Continued from part 1 Not much done this weekend due to feeling extremely groggy after another stand-in gig and waking up with the mother of all migraines (a medical condition, not a Greek MILF). Still, I managed to do a little patching of the lower dash section and wiper motor cover in the afternoon. The Granville…

Lower dash Part 1

I had planned to leave this job until next year in order to concentrate on more important things, but with a little tidying of the wiring in the cab I should still be able to use the vehicle, so as it had to come out to access the ignition switch it seemed silly to put…