Starter motor clean up, new year gig

With easy access to the starter motor I quickly discovered the intermittent starting problems were almost certainly due to the loose connection to the positive input (combined with the poor crimp on the ‘switch’ terminal). It turned out the nut wasn’t even finger-tight and held in place with dried-on mud. It seemed a bit daft not to remove…

Turbo out – 200di

Apologies for the lack of activity on my blog, this is because, nothing has happened! I’ve had recurring man-flu since receiving the flu-jab in October, and lots of gigs, due in part to someone else’s misfortune. I have been depping mostly for Kenny and The Motives while their regular bass player recovers from illness. Although I…

Electrics, dash, and plan of action

Last weekend the weather was fantastic, mild and dry but due to family commitments and catching up on a very busy but profitless week of work, at the most there would only be half a Sunday afternoon allotted to the Land Rover. Sunday afternoon came around and I thought I’d have enough time to quickly…

Steering wheel, indicator stalk, pub gig

Just a catch-up post for a wet Sunday afternoon…. Whilst fiddling around in the dashboard area a few days ago I was fitting the plastic shroud onto the top of the steering column assembly, with some difficulty. I had noticed that the indicators would cancel erratically and there was some resistance when flashing the headlights. On examination,…

Lower Dash Part 4

A miserly post The evenings are now so short that there’s hardly time to assemble tools etc before it’s getting dark. This week the weather has been glorious as I work at my computer counting down the minutes to 5pm. Yesterday I did get outside for an hour or so, but got frustrated trying to…

Upper dash pt 4 (fitted)

The last of September’s weekends has been glorious, perfect weather for tinkering. Friday evening – remove windscreen wiper mechanism I had been trying to paint around the windscreen wiper gear, but in the end decided it would be silly not to remove it. I wasn’t happy with the partial paint coverage and secondly it seemed daft…