Bulkhead top, windscreen contd…

The heatwave continues and I managed to get in a few hours of Saturday. A busy week ahead, with rehearsals and two gigs at the end means that there’ll be no more progress for maybe ten days so progress so far…. Two coats of Red Oxide were applied to the upper bulkhead using a brush.…

Exhaust, windscreen, bonnet, fresh air vents

A rare weekend without a gig so I spent the whole of Saturday, from morning til dusk – gardening. The good news is that I’m now up-to-date with the hedges etc and apart from some normal chores and an hour’s work, Sunday afternoon could be spent in the drive. The outside toilet has been home…

Mudshield, nearside

This is a somewhat measly post, added only for completeness. I have two gigs this weekend and a family day out in between so there’ll be no progress on Dilly until next week. The Sunday gig is a dep with another band, playing bass, so tomorrow night after work I shall re-acquaint myself with the…

Headlights, indicators, sidelights

Wanting to get the wiring complete on the off-side front I decided to tackle the headlights and fit the marker lights that I’d bought ages ago. I ordered two headlamp bowls from Paddocks as I could see these were rusted, and two three-way connectors from an eBay trader specialising in scooter parts. I removed the…

Razor-edge bonnet acquired

Not feeling well enough to do any proper work I thought I’d tidy up the shed and get rid of some discarded parts. So I gathered together the old bumper, rusty front panel, Discovery radiator and other parts, took some photos and advertised them on ‘Gumtree’ all at very reasonable prices to be sure of…

Mudshield, bonnet rest strip

As mentioned a few weeks ago I had removed the remains of the mudshield from under the wing of the driver’s side. I had painted the replacement part and it had been hanging from a hook in the shed. As I banged my head on this sharp panel yet again I decided to fit it. This might…