Lower Dash Part 3

A weekend of excuses… Again, a frustrating lack of progress. Most of the weekend was lost to rehearsing for a stand-in gig on Saturday, this time playing lead guitar for Kenny and The Motives. I wasn’t very pleased with my performance to say the least, a touch of nerves made me feel as though I…

Lower Dash Part 2

Continued from part 1 Not much done this weekend due to feeling extremely groggy after another stand-in gig and waking up with the mother of all migraines (a medical condition, not a Greek MILF). Still, I managed to do a little patching of the lower dash section and wiper motor cover in the afternoon. The Granville…

Lower dash Part 1

I had planned to leave this job until next year in order to concentrate on more important things, but with a little tidying of the wiring in the cab I should still be able to use the vehicle, so as it had to come out to access the ignition switch it seemed silly to put…

Won’t start!

Well, after standing for many weeks I was able to sit the battery in the tray, there is now plenty of room! I need to get a longer cable that goes from the positive battery terminal to the starter so that the battery can be positioned more neatly. The insulation on the existing cable is…

Cab interior and seatbox fitted

Also fuel filler and hoses… A little out of sequence but I thought I’d just round up the completion of the seatbox / floor / cab area job with a few photos of how it looks now. Overall I am very happy with the way this work has gone although it has taken far too…

Depping on Bass with Kenny Lee and Hustler

I know the guitarist (Mick) in this band quite well, we sometimes chat on the phone about the state of the local music scene. As I am now ‘redundant’ and not in a full-time band I was asked to stand-in for their regular bass player Laurie who was taking a well-earned holiday somewhere hot and…

Floor fitted and Britpart mats

Working on parts in the back garden, with very little spare time available it seems ages since I opened the doors to the vehicle but this week it’s all coming together, bringing the freshly cleaned and painted parts round to the front drive for installation. While the seatbox and floor is out it makes sense…

Seat box lids

These were quite rusty in places where the zinc plating had worn off or become damaged so I decided to paint them. I used Screwfix T Wash, then acid etch from a spray can and finally rolled on the satin marine blue enamel. The hasp on the passenger side was sprayed with chrome effect paint.…

Seat box repairs in progress

My Mod As mentioned in a previous post I wouldn’t be able to live with pop riveting into the unevenly spaced holes left by the drilled out spot welds. I experimented with the new side panels, did some measurements and finally decided on assembling it the other way round, so that the end panels are on the…