Front panel removal

Oh dear, what a long gap between posts, sorry to my followers. I’ve not had a brilliant year so far what with health issues and work getting in the way of everything, and any precious spare time seems to be spent wrestling with hedges or up in the loft sorting out crumbling-house issues. Never mind,…

Floor fitted and Britpart mats

Working on parts in the back garden, with very little spare time available it seems ages since I opened the doors to the vehicle but this week it’s all coming together, bringing the freshly cleaned and painted parts round to the front drive for installation. While the seatbox and floor is out it makes sense…

Seat box lids

These were quite rusty in places where the zinc plating had worn off or become damaged so I decided to paint them. I used Screwfix T Wash, then acid etch from a spray can and finally rolled on the satin marine blue enamel. The hasp on the passenger side was sprayed with chrome effect paint.…

Seat box repairs in progress

My Mod As mentioned in a previous post I wouldn’t be able to live with pop riveting into the unevenly spaced holes left by the drilled out spot welds. I experimented with the new side panels, did some measurements and finally decided on assembling it the other way round, so that the end panels are on the…

Temporary floor panel repair

Floor Panels

I’ve not had this before with previous Land Rovers I’ve owned, the floor panels are quite badly corroded. At the moment I have to watch my budget. New panels are very cheap but the expenditure has been higher already than I anticipated so I have fixed them up as best I can for now, they…

End panel - before

Seat box repairs – before

I have fitted the end panels, the length of angle that holds it to the rear tub, and a shiny new under-seat battery box in aluminium.  These were all purchased from YRM Metal Solutions and I am really very pleased with the quality of everything, and the accuracy of the panels. The most difficult part…