Headlights, indicators, sidelights

Wanting to get the wiring complete on the off-side front I decided to tackle the headlights and fit the marker lights that I’d bought ages ago. I ordered two headlamp bowls from Paddocks as I could see these were rusted, and two three-way connectors from an eBay trader specialising in scooter parts. I removed the…

Razor-edge bonnet acquired

Not feeling well enough to do any proper work I thought I’d tidy up the shed and get rid of some discarded parts. So I gathered together the old bumper, rusty front panel, Discovery radiator and other parts, took some photos and advertised them on ‘Gumtree’ all at very reasonable prices to be sure of…

Mudshield, bonnet rest strip

As mentioned a few weeks ago I had removed the remains of the mudshield from under the wing of the driver’s side. I had painted the replacement part and it had been hanging from a hook in the shed. As I banged my head on this sharp panel yet again I decided to fit it. This might…

Front panel, new bumper, grille clips

This post brings us almost about up-to-date with the current state of the Land Rover, hopefully there’ll be more progress and I’ll be more timely with my ramblings. I had a rare Saturday with no gig due to band members’ holidays and this normally provides a full workable weekend. Lately I find that gigs take…

Plastic radiator grille refurbished

A very quick post, hardly worth mentioning this part I suppose but as I was pleased with the result of hardly any effort, I thought it worth a few minutes to document it: The plastic grille was scruffy, but I kind of liked it, but there were a couple of rusty self-tapping screws embedded in…

Mudshields, footwells, inner wings

On cleaning up the inner wings I noticed that on the driver’s side, where it bolts to the mudshield, the aluminium had corroded well beyond the size of any penny washer. So I cut out a couple of shapes and pop-riveted them in place: Another rub down and a coat of etch primer. Also, after…