Vent seals

Not much has happened with Dilly this month I’m sad to report. I have a bonnet to rub down and during the intense heat this job didn’t seem very appealing to say the least. There have been some band issues to sort out, I sense that changes are imminent. I got fed up driving my…

Lower Dash Part 4

A miserly post The evenings are now so short that there’s hardly time to assemble tools etc before it’s getting dark. This week the weather has been glorious as I work at my computer counting down the minutes to 5pm. Yesterday I did get outside for an hour or so, but got frustrated trying to…

Painting the bulkhead behind the dash

Just a very short midweek bonus post to keep continuity and completeness with pictures, and to take a break from work which is driving me nuts this week for some reason… Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, to catch the last of the light I left off work at 5pm sharp (then started again at 8pm after…

Upper Dash Pt 3 and Yee-Hah Dep

Carrying on from last weekend’s preparation of the upper dash, it was time to overcome the man-flu and get outside in the lovely September sunshine to finish the upper dash panel. I had managed a couple of lunchtimes in the shed during the week to get this far. On the first I squirted some Polycell…

Upper Dash Pt 1 – Removal

Removal of the upper dash revealed a fairly typical scenario for these vehicles. The main panel to which the demisters, vent levers and instrument binnacle are mounted has a thick but not terminal layer of rust. The upper ‘shelf’ section has deep cracks in the hard foam padding with corresponding splits in the vinyl covering.…

Upper dash, glam, nude dep

I had intended refitting the lower dash¬†before getting to this stage so as to keep the vehicle as usable as possible but as the wiring needs tidying and there’s some surface rust on the bulkhead to treat I changed my mind and removed the upper dash (more on this in a later post).¬†This assembly is…