Electrical improvements – power Part Two

Continued from part one Improving the starter / solenoid wiring As mentioned before, the terminal on the starter was loose, rusty and caked in mud. As well as cleaning up I decided to move as much as I could to the relatively sumptuous surroundings of the seat-box, with the battery. Reminder of how it was:…

Cab interior and seatbox fitted

Also fuel filler and hoses… A little out of sequence but I thought I’d just round up the completion of the seatbox / floor / cab area job with a few photos of how it looks now. Overall I am very happy with the way this work has gone although it has taken far too…

Seat box lids

These were quite rusty in places where the zinc plating had worn off or become damaged so I decided to paint them. I used Screwfix T Wash, then acid etch from a spray can and finally rolled on the satin marine blue enamel. The hasp on the passenger side was sprayed with chrome effect paint.…

Seat box repairs in progress

My Mod As mentioned in a previous post I wouldn’t be able to live with pop riveting into the unevenly spaced holes left by the drilled out spot welds. I experimented with the new side panels, did some measurements and finally decided on assembling it the other way round, so that the end panels are on the…

End panel - before

Seat box repairs – before

I have fitted the end panels, the length of angle that holds it to the rear tub, and a shiny new under-seat battery box in aluminium.  These were all purchased from YRM Metal Solutions and I am really very pleased with the quality of everything, and the accuracy of the panels. The most difficult part…