Razor edge bonnet fitted

Cutting-edge Landy goodness and some musical catching up… I cannot believe the summer is nearly over, so many plans, then so many non Land Rover problems to deal with, and then the heat wave that we’re supposed to relish but in reality it was all too much. I hope for an Indian summer so that…

Windscreen and bulkhead top more

After a long gap due to other commitments I managed to get an evening in. It was a little cooler than of late and such was my enthusiasm to get back to the Land Rover, I chose to listen to the England vs Croatia World Cup semi-final on a portable radio rather than watching it…

Bulkhead top, windscreen contd…

The heatwave continues and I managed to get in a few hours of Saturday. A busy week ahead, with rehearsals and two gigs at the end means that there’ll be no more progress for maybe ten days so progress so far…. Two coats of Red Oxide were applied to the upper bulkhead using a brush.…

Mudshield, nearside

This is a somewhat measly post, added only for completeness. I have two gigs this weekend and a family day out in between so there’ll be no progress on Dilly until next week. The Sunday gig is a dep with another band, playing bass, so tomorrow night after work I shall re-acquaint myself with the…

Plastic radiator grille refurbished

A very quick post, hardly worth mentioning this part I suppose but as I was pleased with the result of hardly any effort, I thought it worth a few minutes to document it: The plastic grille was scruffy, but I kind of liked it, but there were a couple of rusty self-tapping screws embedded in…

Mudshields, footwells, inner wings

On cleaning up the inner wings I noticed that on the driver’s side, where it bolts to the mudshield, the aluminium had corroded well beyond the size of any penny washer. So I cut out a couple of shapes and pop-riveted them in place: Another rub down and a coat of etch primer. Also, after…